Thursday, March 29, 2012

Australian Book Launch at Hunter Writers' Centre

Today was the Australian Book Launch for Black Cow at the Hunter Writers' Centre.  If you were unable to make it, here are a few photos from the event. I've still got a few books left which I'd be happy to personally autograph and post anywhere in Australia for a flat $15 (postage free - even Book Depository can't beat that).  There's strictly limited numbers so if you want one, drop me a line.

After Judy Johnson's lovely opening speech - it was wonderful (I was particularly taken with the fact that she invoked Socrates, and provided a very thoughtful introduction to the book, complete with quotations). Not sure if you can see, but I'm blushing. That's Judy to my left.




Thanking the Hunter Writers' Centre for their support and talking about the importance of 'community' - a key theme in Black Cow.









About to launch into a "musical tour of Black Cow" (had to stand so I could begin the karaoke - those with delicate ears were probably glad I only actually sang twice)









That's Robin Loftus to my right with the scarf - she's the author of the excellent poetry book Backyard Cosmos (and also won our door prize!)










A lively questions and answer session afterwards followed by a signing session and some food (hot cross buns anyone?).

No comments:

Post a Comment